We are an international community of support, connection, and creativity for English speaking women in Florence. Our mission is to create lasting friendships that help women in Florence thrive in both their personal and professional lives.
WIN was originally designed to assist native English-speaking ex-pats living in or around Florence so they could navigate the cultural differences while creating a personal network of other English-speaking in the area.
We have expanded our reach to include residents of Florence and Tuscany who are excellent English speakers, and those who were once residents of Florence and Tuscany and who have left the area or leave the area but only for a temporary time frame.
These are some of our more important benefits and responsibilities of members.
- Monthly meetings between the months of September to June, of which 7 will host English speaking guests on various subjects of interest. Video re-play of said meetings.
- Participation in the WIN Annual Members Fair, with a small donation. This event invites all members to showcase their business, special hobby, or interest group – an excellent networking event.
- Listing in Members Business Directory.
- Sub-meetings including a Business Lunch Tutorial designed to teach new skills to members for their personal and business success.
- Member Spotlight Meetings designed to showcase individual members’ businesses, skills or interests and encourage networking in smaller groups.
- Legal restrictions permitting, we organize on-site group visits to sites of interest to our members and other meetings as the need or requests arise
- Participation in the private Facebook Group, regarding upcoming events within WIN, Florence & Tuscany, posting of member activities and sharing stories of interest.
- WIN Newsletter regarding upcoming WIN events, member activities, events and accomplishments, and stories of interest.
- Enrollment to the WhatsApp WIN Announcement (official WIN news) and WIN Chat (member networking channel for sharing news, encouragement and reaching out with questions & suggestions in real-time) and WIN Travel Chat (especially useful for staying up to date in COVID times!).
- Discounts and benefits in the Florentine & WIN community
- 2 parties a yea
- Membership dues donation
- Remain active and participate in meetings & events
- Share life experiences, when appropriate, to increase the overall value of the group
- When possible, use & recommend the members for services (ie restaurants, guides, health-related services, and other types of businesses).
One of our board members will be in touch with you to finalize our membership process: